I’ve been scolded for giving my play-by-play for changing my AA award ticket on the way back from Tahiti. I have to tread lightly so as to not sound like I am complaining once again. This time I’m really not. This time I’m taking in the latest development in stride.
I received an email from the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa that stated the following:
Dear Mr. Bachuwa,
We would like to thank you for choosing the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa for your stay in French Polynesia, and look forward to welcoming you to Bora Bora.
We are reaching out to you today so as to inform you that the resort is currently experiencing an air conditioning issue. We expect this problem to prevail for a couple of weeks.
Please be assured that we are putting our best efforts in ensuring that you enjoy a beautiful stay in Bora Bora nonetheless. Besides this air conditioning issue, we guarantee that the resort is fully operational, and that all overwater villas are well-ventilated.
Considering this unexpected situation we would therefore like you to consider some alternate options:
1- Should you wish to confirm your stay at the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa, we would be happy to credit back your IHG points.
2- Should you wish to cancel your stay, we guarantee that no cancelation fees will apply.
We hope that the above proposals meet your expectations, and would be grateful if you could get back to us with your preferred option in order to modify your reservation.
Again, we apologize sincerely and remain convinced that your stay with us will be memorable.
A million things come to mind:
- How bad could it be with no AC when you’re in a bungalow?
- Must be bad if they are willing to credit all the points back.
- How crazy is it that they would refund all the points even if I went?
- Obviously, I’m not going to let an issue like AC mess up my plans.
- With the short notice, who has the luxury of saying, ‘Yup, I’ll just cancel,’?
- Do I do them like Oliver and ask for more?
- Damn right, I do.
- That resulted in nothing but it doesn’t hurt to ask.
- Damn right, I do.
- Why does the AC never work where I go!
Anyone have anything to say? Otherwise, I’ll sleep with the fishes.