What is your favorite travel show? Is it one with Bourdain refreshingly running around the world being his unfiltered self? Is it House Hunters International? Or is it something on the Travel channel that I’ve never seen?
For me it is Top Gear. Top Gear is a car show, travel show, and lifestyle show centered around three hosts, one of whom is a bigger jerk than Bourdain on his best day. His name is Jeremy Clarkson and he happens to be my favorite. He is probably too truthful, unapologetic, and direct.
Sometimes this gets him into trouble though he would have you believe that he is a victim of circumstance. (see the real drama when Top Gear visited Argentina.) Today Mr. Clarkson was suspended for fighting with his producer. Apparently, despite the show’s popularity, he’s on his last warning.
With that breaking news documented, I would like to explain why I should replace Jeremy if he is indeed let go.
The show features and I enjoy the following:
- Exotic Cars: Hit the Road Jack…That Means Get Out!
- Exotic Locations: Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia?
- Exotic Accommodations: The St. Regis, My Mauritius
- Exotic Adventures: All in business, all for $200 and 30,000 US Air Miles
- Exotic Interactions: Vegas Knockout: My Fantastic Voyage at the Trump Hotel
If hired, I’ll make Clarkson proud by never apologizing and by never holding back my thoughts. I will try to keep the smugness in check.