My apologies to everyone who had nothing to do over the long Memorial Day weekend because my blog had no new content. Friday morning I was wondering what I should write about and, devoid of content, starting looking at the balance of my points accounts.
One account that caught my eye was my Frontier Airlines account that had 40k miles. I had previously signed up for a Frontier Card that gives 40k points after $500, enough to for a ticket to Costa Rica.
A quick check of availability showed a flight from Phoenix leaving that evening to Liberia, returning Tuesday from San Jose all for a grand total of $40 (or so I thought).
A few clicks later and I was on my way.
Given my Memorial Day weekend experience, I will cover a few topics this week:
1. How to apply for the Frontier Card so you too can go to Costa Rica while making yours truly a few dollars. (All bloggers who say, “Apply for cards, it’s such a good deal” are getting paid from them. So I’ll just come out and say I too would get paid if you kindly click my referral link. Wow, I am one of them now.)
2. The ridiculous world of airline fees even when you fly for free.
3. Transport and other hidden costs of traveling.
4. When staying in luxury is an inconvenience.
5. More hints about my book promo. I should add that the title of the book is not ThePointsOfLife but rather Everyone’s Advice Is Wrong as there has been some confusion about the name; more proof that people read headlines, not posts!
Anyhow, welcome back!