Where to live in Puerto Rico is part of the Despacito! TPOL Moves to Puerto Rico Trip Report.
Last time on House Hunters International, a lawyer left the desert of the Sonoran (see Deserting the Complacency of the Desert) for the grind of the Gobi (see I’m Coming Home). That was a disaster (see Remember That Time TPOL Moved to Mongolia?). This time that same lawyer has moved to an island (see Despacito! TPOL Is Moving).
Join us today for House Hunters International as we head to Puerto Rico.
Agent: It looks like your time in Mongolia was a disaster. What brings you to Puerto Rico?
Alex: I have my own consumer law practice based out of Manhattan. I moved here to take advantage of the tax credits afforded to Americans who make PR their residence and source their work from here (see Expat in PR).
Agent: Good to see you’ve learned your lesson and are working for yourself. What are you looking for in a place?
Alex: Ideally, I would like to be close to city life, close to the ocean, and I would like to live on a golf course.
Agent: If you’re as rich as I hope you are, I have just the place for you. It’s called Dorado. Condos start at a million and it has a TPC golf course. Here are the other options:
- Old San Juan: The most beautiful city in Puerto Rico, if not the United States.
- Condado: Looking for the sizzle of South Beach, come to this opulent beach neighborhood.
- Ocean Park: If you’re looking for the beach without the bravado, head to Ocean Park.
- Isla Verde: Want to be a beach bum? Live here.
- Santurce: You mentioned that your practice is in NY. If you like Brooklyn, you’ll love Santurce.
- Guaynabo: I recall that you used to live in Scottsdale. Guaynabo is the Scottsdale of PR.
- Palmas del Mar: If golf is your thing, consider moving here.
- Rio Mar: If you like golf and living in a resort, this is the place for you.
There are many other options but these are the most popular.
Alex: Who would’ve thought that there are so many choices for where to live on an island. I think the best thing would be to look at all of them and evaluate which one is best. Let’s start with Dorado!