A lot went on this week in the world of points and since I have nothing to say, I’ve moved up my day off from Sunday to Saturday. Here are great posts that taught me a little something that I did not know:
- MileValue: The Cheapest Award to Fly the Fanciest Commercial Plane in First Class: MileValue shares how to fly from London to Abu Dhabi in first-class for only 40k AA miles. The only problem is what I do when I get to Abu Dhabi; fly Emirates to Dubai?
- The Forward Cabin: Insider’s Guide to Voluntary Denied Boarding: You probably already know that voluntary denied boarding can result in big vouchers but it never hurts to read stories of how it is successfully done.
- The Points Guy: My Decision on which Credit Cards to Keep vs. Cancel: You can compare his selections with my choices but take note that keep or cancel are not the only two options, I always suggest convert where possible.
- Heels First Travel: How to Use Uber in Bangkok: Uber in Bangkok? It might be a good idea since Bangkok is one of The Worst Places to Hail a Cab but if you do use my taxi-meter trick then I wonder if Uber is really that convenient.
- The Frequent Miler: Top 7 ways to milk the Club Carlson before and after June 1. Stupid Club Carlson, I’m over talking about them. (click on my take of the devaluation, if you aren’t.)
See you tomorrow.