It’s great to be gold but diamonds are a churner’s best friend. I signed up for the Hyatt Diamond Challenge and received a trial Diamond membership for 60 days by sending a screenshot of my Hilton Gold membership. To meet the Hyatt Diamond Challenge, I needed to stay 12 nights in 60 days at Hyatt hotels, something I should’ve strived harder to do.
Even though I did not complete the challenge successfully, I still took advantage of the perks by using it on a trip to one of my favorite countries in the world, Argentina. Not only was I staying in diamond class, I also managed to book a business class ticket on Delta SkyPesos for only 100,000 miles which included a free roundtrip ticket to Mendoza.
Join me on this Trip Report as I venture to Buenos Aires and Mendoza for Malbec and steak in style.
Here are the highlights from my trip to Argentina in August 2013.
- The Lounge:
- Delta Sky Club at Hartsield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- The Flights:
- PHX-ATL (Phoenix-Atlanta)
- ATL-EZE (Atlanta-Buenos Aires; Delta BusinessElite; Boeing 767-300ER)
- AEP-MDZ (Buenos Aires-Mendoza; Aerolineas Argentinas)
- MDZ-AEP (Aerolineas Argentinas)
- EZE-PHX (Delta BusinessElite)
- The Hotels:
- Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires
- Park Hyatt Mendoza Hotel, Casino & Spa