The International Brew Awards’ first nomination is for Best Go To Brew Abroad.
What’s a ‘go to’ brew? It’s the one that virtually every bar will have regardless of where in the world you are. It doesn’t mean that the beer is your favorite. It just means that in times of emergency you can count on it to be true. It’s comparable to going to McDonald’s or Subway to take a break from local cuisine.
The nominees for Best Go To Brew Abroad are:
1. Corona: You can find your beach anywhere in the world as the pride of Mexico is for sale everywhere. The availability of limes is not as consistent.
2. Heineken: The green bottle that comes from the Netherlands is probably more prevalent than Corona.
3. Carlsberg: The Danish beer continues to pop up in random places.
4. Tiger: This beer whose headquarters are in Singapore is literally the Heineken of Asia-Pacific as it is owned by Heineken International.
5. Budweiser: The King of Beers (not the Czech Budweiser, not Bud Light) is sold and consumed throughout the world.
Which is your Go To beer while abroad? Take the poll and wait for the next category of nominations to find out my choice.