How’s your Knockout Bracket looking?
The first week only had one upset with the Riviera beating out the now defunct THEhotel. The only controversy I have encountered is the failure of some hotels to make the tourney. “How can you not include Aria?” my friend asked dismissing the bracket as unreliable.
“Learn how to read,” I replied reiterating that the bracket is comprised only of hotels I have stayed in.
His bitterness aside, here’s a recap of the action:
(28) Stratosphere vs (5) Mirage: The Stratosphere really has no redeemable qualities besides being a landmark on my way out of town when I used to drive to Vegas before discovering the beauty of points and Southwest Airlines.
(27) Hooters vs (6) Four Seasons: Where can you go for bad wings and bad company? Hooters Casino!
(26) Riviera vs (7) THEhotel: Time will tell if the Delano will live up to standard of THEhotel but for now nostalgia wins in the name of Riviera.
(25) Rio vs (8) Skylofts at MGM Grand: Have it your way at the Rio but prepared to be bored besides that.
(24) Flamingo vs (9) Bellagio: Unbreak my heart by refunding my money for an average stay at the Flamingo.
(23) Treasure Island vs (10) Venetian: Sorry Treasure Island.
(22) Planet Hollywood vs (11) Mandalay Bay: Good location is not enough to save Planet Hollywood from an early first round exit.
(21) Stardust/Sahara (SLS) vs (12) Palazzo: In an untelevised game, the Palazzo managed to knockout the Stardust.