What’s my name? To resurrect the voice of our generation, it’s not DMX but TPOL, ThePointsOfLife. Here is a quick intro for those that do not know who I am or what I do. TPOL truly is not like the other blogs on the Internets.
If you’re looking for a review of every square inch of an Emirates flight then the place to be is One Mile at a Time.
And if you are looking for week old regurgitated content then there’s a man with a billion miles that can’t keep a secret.
Apart from the final site, Boarding Area has got you covered for all things points with each blogger having his/her own unique angle.
So what makes TPOL different? My name. ThePointsOfLife means doing much more than churning cards and hoarding points. It’s using points as a conduit for boldly exploring the world by visiting places throughout the globe both obscure and aspirational. This is done in first-class to scum-class, via bus boat & train, staying in dodgy hostel to upscale hotel.
TPOL writes Trip Reports, Flight Reviews, Hotel Reviews, and Lounge Reviews from the four corners of the globe with my own unique spin. I also have Travel Guides that instruct you what to do if you only have one night in Bangkok but want to see and do it all. Finally, please consult the Travel Advice section so you don’t end locked up abroad.
But if you click now, you’ll gain access to the following categories that no other blog provides:
- a-live: The section where I provide real-time posts when I’m running around the world.
- the prof: Angry but insightful rants about travel or whatever is on my mind.
- the point: Anything having to do with getting points, booking with points or points in general.
- the press: Caffeinated cultural commentary of major cities throughout the world gained from enjoying a cup of espresso while jotting down my impressions of local life.
- the pho: Pho is my favorite food so this category is all pho reviews.
- the libation: Reviews of eating, drinking, and celebration.
- the sport: Travel and sport go hand in hand so why not have a category focusing on this intersection?
- the pulse: Travel teaches you more about law, business, and politics than all the degrees combined. Sometimes it is nice to know what’s really going on outside our borders besides which resort provides the best chance at a suite upgrade.
- the rsvp: This is the stream of all the latest Trip Reports, Flight Reviews, Hotel Reviews, Lounge Reviews and Travel Guides.
- the advice: Travel Advice of what to do or not to do when traveling.
- the list: Everyone likes top ten lists (not top 30 lists) so I put together the best of…in a variety of categories.
And finally some irrelevant/interesting facts about me:
- I used to live in Mongolia.
- I am a published author with a separate website AlexanderTheAuthor.com
- I’ve been to 70+ ‘countries’ depending on the list used to calculate this number.
- I enjoy a good nap.
- I take a lot of photos.
Thanks for reading this week and hopefully next.
For even more TPOL, follow me on Twitter and Instagram @thepointsoflife.