The EasyJet Flight Review is part of the Trip Report Athens Marathon: The Original Course which includes the following cities:
- Toronto, Canada
- Detroit, Michigan
- London, England
- Athens, Greece
- Giza, Egypt
- Cairo, Egypt
- Luxor, Egypt
- Sharm el-Sheikh, Egypt
- Abu Dhabi, UAE
Click here for the picture preview.
I was looking for a cheap option to get from London to Athens after fog forced me to miss my flight to Poland. I had heard the horror stories of Ryanair and opted for Easyjet instead.
Here is what you should know before flying Easyjet:
- Easyjet is located at Gatwick so you will have to find a way to get there if you are flying into Heathrow. I recommend the National Express for convenience, not for the price.
- Print your boarding pass ahead of time. There is no kiosk for printing your pass at the airport. Although they will print it for free, unlike Allegiant, you will have to wait in the long line of those checking bags to obtain it.
- You are only allowed one carry on unless you pay so plan accordingly.
- ‘Speedy Boarders’ are those as the gate agent stated that ‘pay for the privilege to board first.’ This confused many people at the gate including myself who thought it was term designated for frequent fliers who know how to get on and off planes.
- The seats are cramped, the flights are full, so get ready to be squished.
- Coffee, drinks, juice are of course not free of charge. They do accept cash.