Disclaimer: I don’t make anything off of credit cards. It’s a shame.
TPOL has slipped when it comes to maximizing the use of his credit cards for points. Perhaps it’s because I do not travel anymore (see What’s a Travel Blog Without Travel?) or perhaps because I am lazy. Hopeful that travel is coming, I have taken a hard look at my credit card portfolio and put together a plan to maximize each.
- Blue Business Amex: 2x on everything. The problem is that Amex is not readily accepted in Puerto Rico.
- Chase Freedom Flex: I need to pay attention to these rotating categories and maximize the 5x. The 3x on dining and drugstore purchases is huge.
These cards have mins I have to meet. Once they are met, they will go back in the binder.
- Chase Hyatt: I need to hit the 15k mark to requalify for Globalist and receive the free night.
- BREX: Need that 110k points.
- Barclays JetBlue Business: 100k bonus.
- BRG: I use this for digital marketing and receive 3x.
- Chase Ink Preferred: I use this for digital marketing and receive 3x. I also charge my phone bill here to take advantage of the insurance program.
- Chase Ink Cash: 5x for Internet. 2x for gas.
I have called in retention for these cards and this year it was successful. However, I wouldn’t cancel them anyway because the free nights offset the annual fee.
- Amex Marriott Bonvoy Personal
- Amex Marriott Bonvoy Business
- Chase Marriott Personal
- Radisson Personal & Business
- Citi Rewards +: Open to keep my ThankYou points alive.
- Alaska BoA
What am I missing?