Happy Festivus! It’s been a great year for TPOL, but let me tell you all the ways that airlines, hotel chains, credit card companies, bloggers, and commentators have disappointed me over the last year. I’m just as angry as when I celebrated Festivus in 2015 and Festivus in 2016.
Here we go:
- Iberia Points Transfer Problem
- SQ Deval Notice Means Nothing
- Angry at Amex Platinum Too!
- Alaska Cancelled My Flight: What Am I Owed?
- Delta Gives Points for Delays
- Outstaying Your Welcome: Hyatt Trinidad Says No Pool Access
- TPOL’s Complaint of the Day: Southwest Needs a NYC Airport Code!
- TPOL’s Complaint of the Day: Exclamation Points!!!
- Complaint Of The Day: Samsung S7 Camera Not Saving Pics!
- Complaint Of The Day: Hotel to Airport Shuttles
- Flyertalk Readers Don’t Get My Humor
- Complaint Of The Day: Airport to Hotel Shuttles
- United Basic Economy Review: It Sucks
- Tipping At The Cash Register: Are You Bleeping Kidding?
- YG at 1-Oak Vegas: Getting Too Old For This…
- Complaint Of The Week: Amex’s ‘New’ Website
- How I Almost Left Marrakech After One Night
- Why I Decided to Stay in Marrakech
- Complaint Of The Week: ITA Matrix Default Currency
- Complaint Of The Week: Enough World of Hyatt Emails
- Uber JFK Scam ‘Resolution’
- Complaint Of The Week: Elevator Etiquette, Pushing Your Floor Number
- Uber Won’t Stop, Can’t Stop Surging!
- Not Receiving A Mistake Fare Is Not Blog Worthy
- Ethiopian Business JNB-ADD: The Worst Flight Ever
While I received the usual troll comments “You’re the worst TPOL, this is click-bait TPOL,” and other unoriginal thoughts, Flyertalk readers especially don’t get my blog. Yet they continue to read and continue to be outraged (#13 above). Here are some of those comments:
lwildernorva writes: Is this guy for real? Yes, there are rich people who really do pay 29 euro for drinks. And no, most who stay in the Park Hyatt Vendome don’t search the streets of Paris for the nearest McDonald’s so they can bring food back to their rooms: http://thepointsoflife.boardingarea….sine-birthday/.
NineWorldSeries writes: “Not just hard, but impossible to set the bar lower than Points of Life. He makes other completely incompetent, awful blogs look well-written by comparison.”
A late addition to Festivus was the following comment from an individual I hope not to meet in person. The following came in response to my Ethiopian flight post. Some of this stuff is just scary:
March 2018 will be four years of TPOL. By now you either love my humor and enjoy my writing or you do not. For those that do not, I have nothing to say. For those that do, the good news is that I’m not changing. In fact, because so many blogs repeat the same things over and over, I think I’m going to go harder in my quest to Making Blogging Great Again. That starts with my commitment to have a complaint of the week each and every week. After all, it’s the holidays, why not complain?