Do you ever go to an ophthalmologist and tell him of your chest pain? He should know everything about the heart right? After all he is a doctor. The same can be said of attorneys who by their title of counselor are expected to know everything about every law.
I’ve been posting about my Blog Giveaway, a FREE flight on Southwest Airlines when somebody messaged me that I may be breaking the law by not including a “no purchase necessary” provision like they do in all those Mcdonalds commercials for monopoly. As I’m in Mongolia and no longer have access to Westlaw, I was unable to do thorough research as to the necessity of including this provision. As far as I’ve read, the rule applies to broadcasters but the definition of what is a broadcaster wasn’t explicitly explained.
Anyhow, the point of the giveaway wasn’t to turn a profit but to get everyone to give my book, Everyone’s Advice Is Wrong, a read so they can abandon their life in the cubicle and start searching for ThePointsOfLife. See what I did there?
But, because I am a lawyer and because people are too litigious I have responsibly changed the Terms and Conditions of the contest to eliminate the necessity of purchasing a copy. If anyone did purchase a copy feeling they had to do so out of necessity then return the book right away, Amazon will gladly refund you your money.
To enter for a chance to win, simply adhere to the following Terms and Conditions of the contest:
- Get a paperback copy of the book from Amazon or wherever you choose. Click here for the link.
- Take a photo of you enjoying the book anywhere and Tweet/Instagram @thepointsoflife with the hashtag #cubiclefree.
- To ensure fairness, entrants must also email me abachuwa at gmail dot com a screenshot of where they got the book from and corresponding Twitter/Instagram page.
- To ensure fairness, family and Facebook friends are excluded. (You’d think they would’ve bought the book already anyway.)
- One entry per person.
- Contest ends January 5th, 9PM EST.
- The winner will be selected at random.
- Flight booking must be made within 1 calendar year of January 5th.
- Not redeemable for cash, not transferable.
- This contest will have one winner.
- No shady business, I am an attorney. (And now a more schooled one.)