The good news is that my annual fees were not high in 2021 because credit card companies gave great retention offers. The bad news is that I still haven’t been able to travel like before.
Here’s what I spent:
- Amex Marriott Personal: $95. One free night for a 35k points/night room. $10/month on food.
- Amex Marriott Business: -$25 and one free night for a 35k points/night room. $15/month on cell phone bill.
- Amex Platinum: $595. 150k sign-up bonus.
- Amex Gold: $295. 90k sign-up bonus + 40k bonus for spending the 10k on ads.
- Barclays JetBlue Business: $99. 100k after 12k spent.
- Chase IHG: $49. One free night.
- Chase Hyatt: $75. One free night for a category 4.
- Chase Ink: $99. No retention.
- Chase Marriott: $95. One free night.
- Chase Sapphire: $95. 100k URs
- Chase United: $99. 150k sign-u bonus after 20k spend
- Radisson Personal: $0
- Radisson Business: $0
- 80k points combined
While they slightly more than doubled from my 2020 total of $744, the $1,571 I spent in annual fees was well worth it in comparison to what I received.