Amex Airline Credit is part of the Punxsutawney TPOL Trip Report, where TPOL leaves the basement. It’s finally happening despite inconsistent policies, interruptions, and human stupidity as explained in these posts:
- 11 Reasons Why I Still Don’t Want to Travel
- North Korea – Level 4: Do Not Travel
- We’re All In This Together, So Long As You’re Miserable
- Air TPOL Retiring From Travel
- Kayak Answers, “Can I Travel to…?”
- Don’t Route Via Panama
- Breakthrough Infections: Another Reason Not to Travel
- COVID Test for Return Travel Is Stupid
- COVID Test to Come Home Is S-T-U-
Finally, I don’t have to cancel jet with your pet or use a Delta gift card in conjunction with a low fare ticket to trigger my Amex Platinum airline credit. I proudly swiped my card and paid the $30 fee to check my golf clubs en route to the city I love to hate but continue to visit: Miami. I will yet again play at a course owned by a man I love to hate (see Making America Great Again: Golden Palm At Trump National Doral). Why I am playing at that clown’s course is hypocrisy and is explained in another post (see Keep America Great: Blue Monster at Trump National Doral).
The point of this post is two-fold: 1. To show how pathetic it is that I am happy to be charged a bag fee. 2. To declare that it is worth bringing golf clubs when Amex is paying for them, less the $595 annual card fee.