TSA PreCheck is part of the Punxsutawney TPOL Trip Report, where TPOL leaves the basementj. It’s finally happening despite inconsistent policies, interruptions, and human stupidity as explained in these posts:
- 11 Reasons Why I Still Don’t Want to Travel
- North Korea – Level 4: Do Not Travel
- We’re All In This Together, So Long As You’re Miserable
- Air TPOL Retiring From Travel
- Kayak Answers, “Can I Travel to…?”
- Don’t Route Via Panama
- Breakthrough Infections: Another Reason Not to Travel
- COVID Test for Return Travel Is Stupid
- COVID Test to Come Home Is S-T-U-
“I need to do my own research.” Those are the cringe-worthy words of the junior scientists who are skeptical of the vaccine. It should not come as a surprise, but I have no patience for anyone who tries to justify not being vaccinated. For the anti-vaxxers, I ask, “Do you want to wear a mask forever?” For the unsophisticated traveler, I question, “Do you like taking off your shoes and walking on that dirty airport floor?” (TSA PreCheck Free Course)
Both are such simple things to do. Perhaps people believe the government will track them if they do them. Perhaps people don’t want to undergo a background check. I don’t know which talking point is for PreCheck or which is for the vaccine. Neither is logical.
Make your life easier. Sign up for TSA PreCheck. Make the world a better place. Get vaccinated. Then, if you’re feeling lucky, leave the basement. You can come back easily if you sign up for Global Entry (see Global Entry Automatically Approved! No Interview Required).