Happy New Year from TPOL. Hindsight is 20/20 and the year is 2020. Looking back at this decade, I’ve made three mistakes.
- Moving back from Shanghai to Scottsdale in 2010 after starting my law career in Asia (buy my book, Everyone’s Advice Is Wrong . . . Including Mine, to read about that duck up).
- In 2011, I moved from Scottsdale to Michigan to work for one of the poorest run companies in the world, General Motors, for a record-setting 80 days (buy my book, Everyone’s Advice Is Wrong . . . Including Mine, to read about that duck up).
While those mistakes left me busted, I have made three great decisions to make up for it:
- I started The Points Of Life in March 2014 (see Simply The Best: 5 Years of T-P-O-L).
- In August of 2016, I made good on my promise not to work for anyone again by only working for the best boss (visit Bachuwa Law if you have a consumer dispute).
3. In April of 2018, I moved to Puerto Rico and declared Victory Over Life #vol (see Despacito! TPOL Is Moving to Puerto Rico! Effective Inmediatamente).
There’s still a long way to go, and I’m sure there will be more duck ups along the way, but in the interim, I will enjoy the view from the top.
Happy New Year.