Happy Festivus! It’s been a great year for TPOL, but let me tell you all the ways that airlines, hotel chains, credit card companies, bloggers, and commentators have disappointed me over the last year. I’m just as angry as when I celebrated Festivus in 2015, 2016, and 2017. This year I was especially annoyed with Chase.
Here we go:
- Hyatt Points + Cash: Dead to Me
- That’s Me in the Corner Losing My Globalist Status
- Why Can’t Chase Alerts Specify the Account!
- Why Do Chase Ink Points Take Longer to Post?
- Why Do Pending Transactions Only Disappear from Chase Ink?
- New Chase for Business Website: Disaster!
- Had It With Ink! Using Amex Blue Business Plus Instead
- Amex Website Goes from Bad to Worse
- Iberia’s ‘Free WiFi’: Pushing Bandwidth Crack to Internet Addicts
- Air China, Say What? “Your Flight is to Busan, We’ll Only Take You to Seoul”
- 30 Minute Connection? How Fast Should You Walk?
- IHG Free Night Devaluation: Still Not As Bad As Club Carlson
- No Wi-Fi Compensation: A Long Explanation For Little Reward
This year I didn’t do a good job of keeping track of annoying troll comments, but here are a few good ones:
For the post, Hurricane Beryl: Preparing for TPOL’s First Tropical Event, I received this nice comment.
Sorry vincent, I’m still alive.
For the post, Kim Jong Un Beats TPOL to Marina Bay Sands, lovely Ken wrote:
And for the infamous, Dear Mr. President, Leave Air Force One’s Paint Job Alone, I received all sorts of comments that will get you in the Festivus mood:
I doubt any of these cyber trolls will dare challenge in me in person to the Feats of Strength!